Forum der Rasur

Registriere Dich jetzt kostenlos!

Dadurch bekommst Du Zugang zu dem geschützten Mitgliederbereich, kannst beim Gebrauchtmarkt mitmachen und stellst nebenbei auch noch sicher, dass niemand Dir Deinen Wunsch-Usernamen wegschnappt.

Parker 55SL Semi Slant

gvw755

my friends, please have more patience with me as my PC is still broken and I am working with a small screen.

I just received the recently released "Parker 55SL Semi-Slant" today. Parker calls it a "semi" slant because they claim to make it a razor shave as well as a slant but not as aggressive. The razor is definitely a torsionshobel and so calling it a "Semi Slant" is like saying someone is "Semi Pregnant". Having shaved with many slants, I will say that most slants are efficient without being aggressive and the one that fits that description the best is the Merkur 37 and so it is no surprise that this Parker seem to take design elements from the 37. A very close inspection shows a very heavy, solid, long, and well made handle. The head, however, could have been better finished. There appears to be burrs and flashes around the screw hole in the base plate and the corners of the top cap are very pointed. This is not a problem once the head is put together, but can be a surprise when taking the head apart.
DSC02789.JPG
DSC02787.JPG
DSC02788.JPG

When comparing the 55SL with my other two Merkur 37 type razors (the RR 37 and the Hoffritz), the 55SL seem to be a combination of the both. It has that slight bump like the RR 37, however the side is smooth like the Hoffritz.

DSC02790.JPG
DSC02792.JPG

I just had my first shave with the 55SL. WTG pass I started off (like I do with my RR 37 and Hoffritz) by putting faceted cap against my face and following that angle. I have to admit that the pass went effortlessly and pretty efficiently. Absolutely no blade so I guess Parker had achieved their goal. ATG pass was just as well, however in the end I did have to do XTG pass for the area under my chin and under the jawline. Overall, this is a great shave for a pretty good price.

Auch von meiner Seite danke für die ausführliche Vorstellung. Den Hobel werde ich bestimmt mal testen (wenn ich ihn irgendwo finde ...).
Wo hast du ihn denn her?

Shave off - 55SL vs RR37.

The Parker design was so similar to the Merkur 37 that I had to compare directly with a shave off last night. I started with the RR37 because this was an excellent clone of the modern Merkur 37c. The main difference between the 55SL and the RR37 is the scalloped edge of the cap - the RR37 has it and the 55SL does not. It also appears that the 55SL has a thicker base plate and a larger handle, both in length and weight.

The RR37 had the left side of my face and the 55SL the right. I used the angle of the caps for both razors. WTG pass immediately showed a difference between the two razors. The 55SL was much smoother and had no blade feel. This was probably due to the slightly thicker head. The RR37 was more nimble, had a slight blade feel, and had some audio feedback. Both razors left about the same stubble after the pass.

ATG pass was next and the 55SL was slightly more efficient and comfortable than the RR37. Both razors handled their respective problem areas efficiently. Both razors did leave enough stubble along the jaw line and under the chin to require a lathered XTG pass. The 55SL required less dry touch up after that pass.

Quality of shave - slight edge goes to the 55SL for being more efficient.

Overall assessment - I hate to say this, but the 55SL dethroned my RR37 as king of the 37 clones.

Again, I have to say that the 55SL achieved what Parker set out to do by producing a gentle and efficient shaver.

Tonight, the 55SL goes up against my vintage Hoffritz.

Danke für die Vorstellung. Ich habe gerade der Rose-Gold Variation bestellt (bei Shavenation).

Danke für die Vorstellung. Ich habe gerade der Rose-Gold Variation bestellt (bei Shavenation).

War klar, dass du dir keinen Torsioner, egal ob alt oder neu, entgehen lassen kannst. Jetzt wissen wir auch was dein Rosa Flamingo ist:D

Wann ich bei parkershaving.com geschaut habe stand da erst das Menu, dann for her - shop und dann der Hobel. Ich dachte die ganze Zeit, ich war in der Damen-Bereich, also der Hobel ist für Damen gedacht. Dann auch eine Frauliche Farbe, dachte ich, und bestellte das Rosa. Shavenation war der erste mit der Rosa auf Lager, ich habe tatsächlich gesucht um einer zu finden.
Erst gerade habe ich mich realisiert, es ist nicht menu, und dan for her - shop, aber for her - shop sind Teil des Menus :lol

meine Freunde, die Computerwerkstatt sagte, dass mein PC bereit ist, aber ich konnte heute nicht gehen, um ihn abzuholen. So bald werde ich mit Ihnen auf Deutsch kommunizieren, so dass Sie immer noch verwirrt sein werden, was ich sage, aber auf Deutsch statt auf Englisch.:happy

Tonight's shave off - 55SL vs vintage Hoffritz

I was very afraid of doing tonight's shave off. Last night the 55SL dethroned the RR37 as the best Merkur 37 clone. How will a real vintage Hoffritz version of the Merkur 37 hold up?

The 55SL had the left side of my face tonight and the Hoffritz, the right. As always, I used the angle given by the cap. Like last night, the WTG pass immediately showed differences between the two razors. The Hoffritz has slightly more blade feel. Although the Hoffritz was much heavier than the RR37, it was still not as heavy as the 55SL and more compact. Again, it was easier to maneuver than the 55SL. At the end of the WTG pass, the Hoffritz was slightly more efficient than the 55SL.

ATG pass was next and this time, the Hoffritz was more comfortable than the 55SL, but efficiency went to the 55SL. Both required a lathered XTG half pass as last night, however the Hoffritz did not require any dry touch up.

Quality of shave - tie! The Hoffritz had slightly more blade feel, however it was more efficient in the WTG pass. The 55SL was more efficient in the ATG pass, bit had some dry touch up to do.

Overall assessment - like the home town referees making calls in favor of the home team, in the situation of a tie, the vintage Hoffritz still retains it's title.

Da ich keinen Hoffritz besitze, aber eben einen RR37, scheint der Parker gerade in meine To-Try-List aufgenommen worden zu sein :D
Btw empfinde ich den RR37 als ein wenig, nicht wkl. unangenehm, bissig, was er aber mit einer sehr guten Gründlichkeit belohnt.
Danke fürs Review!

Das Rosa Gefieder dürfte Heute meine Bart entfernen und tat das sanft und mühelos. Vom länge der Griff und etwas höhere Gewicht wurde ich ihm als Konkurrent der 39c einstufen, wobei der Parker der Vorteil hat das man, der kurzer Verschraubung wegen, auch andere Griffe ausprobieren kann, nicht das ich sowas interessiert.

Der Parker ist über 90 Gramm, also für ein Hobel ziemlich schwer. Laut Angabe der Hersteller ist der Hobel 4" lang, also 10cm.

Ich finde die Farbe gar nicht so schlimm wie befürchtet. Statt "rosa" hätten die Parkers sie auch als "kupfer" verkaufen können.

Ist denn die Verarbeitung so gut, wie sie auf den Fotos aussieht?

Rose-Gold ist der Farbe.
Letzte Foto, der Unterplatte links vom Mittelloch gibt es eine Unsaubere Stelle. Das ist alles.

Der könnte mich wirklich interessieren und sieht richtig schick aus, habe aber gerade mal bei Parker nachgeschaut und laut Herstellerangaben hat der Parker nur ein Gewicht von 82 Gramm und ist für mich eigentlich eine Nummer zu leicht. Mal schauen :rolleyes:

Zurück
Oben